The cost to build a mobile app really depends on many factors, who is building it, experience, location, how complex the app is, does the app use location services, push notifications, social login and much more. The price can be anything from £1000 to £250k plus.
I am going to breakdown some of the key factors when building an app and the options you have to ensure you can get your app idea on budget and to market.
Just like when you are buying a car you have many factors that will affect the total cost, depending on the brand, miles, paint work, leather, wheels.. all of these things will put the price up.
Top 10 factors that affect the cost of building an app
- Who is building the app, Freelancer, Agency or yourself.
- How much experience does the developer have?
- Where in the world is the developer located eg: cost of living
- Technology used to build the app, Native, Hybrid or Web App
- How complex the app is? Location Services, In App Purchases, Push Notifications etc
- How well its designed, its not cheap to look really beautiful.
- Backend Infrastructure, does the app needs to be powered by APIs, Database
- What platforms, devices do you want to support.
- Polishing, How much time you want to take on the nice animations, transitions and finishing touches
- Testing, making sure the app is a thing of beauty and something you are very proud of.
Everything above is related to “time” and the cost for this will be different developer or app agency.
So shop around and do your research.
So the actual answer to this question is a tricky one to answer without knowing what you want to build and how you want to build it.If you would a free consultation with me, I can very quickly work of the time and costs for what you want to build Get in touch